Micromax A110 Canvas2 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Before 1.5 months I have upgraded my Micromax A110 Canvas2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 from Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 with high hopes. I have heard a lot about Jelly Bean. Some how I am not that much satisfied with results or I should say performance of ROM available for Jelly Bean for Canvas2.

Here are some of the observations based on my experience as well as other users in my group.




Positive Changes :

  • Screen sharpness is slightly improved. Picture colors seems to be more vivid now.
  • While charging through USB port, 1 new option of "charge only" is available now. Which leads to faster charging (this is what they claim, I doubt).
  • Camera quality is improved. More settings option are available now.
  • Better options in Notifications window.
  • If you are using 2G network, battery life has been improved.
  • Restart option available for phone with power off option.

Negative Changes :

There are bugs with this ROM available in market right now. Rather there are more serious bugs right now than advantage. It irritates at times. :( sad but true, at least thats what I feel.

  • My personalized settings for profile (i.e. ringtone, notification tone, volume etc..) are not saved permanently. Whenever phone is restarted, you have to set all your settings again.
  • I am not able to turn off / turn on 3G network automatically. I have to restart phone every time I have to change my network from 2G to 3G. Yes it does switch network automatically, but if you want to turn off 3G to save phone battery, you cant do that.
  • If I am using 3G, battery drains faster than ICS.
  • Phone got hanged at times.
  • Digital clock widget doesn't work many times.
Please share your observations or solution as well.

You can check the procedure the upgrade the Canvas to Jelly Bean here...

Related

Mobiles 8261992793201045958

Post a Comment Default Comments

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

We Also Love Facebook!

Stars Of The Gadgets Star

item